The Global Inclusion Awards 2017
The Global Inclusion Awards 2017, a CYFI initiative, recognise and honour those that achieve greatness and demonstrate innovation in financial, social and livelihoods education, financial inclusion, and entrepreneurial support for children and youth at the national, regional and international level.
Award categories include the CYFI Country Award, the Global Money Week Award, the Economic Citizenship Education Award, the Child & Youth Friendly Banking Award, the Outstanding Youth Economic Citizenship Award, and the Global Youth Entrepreneur Award.
The 6th Global Inclusion Awards Ceremony will be held on 3 May 2017 in Berlin, Germany. The event is organized by Child & Youth Finance International (CYFI) and the German G20 Presidency/German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI) will be holding its 2017 Forum in Berlin on 02 and 03 Mai 2017. The GPFI is an inclusive platform for G20 countries, interested non-G20 countries and relevant stakeholders to carry forward work on financial inclusion. Under German Presidency, the GPFI has a focus on the financial inclusion of vulnerable groups, including youth, and promoting youth employment and entrepreneurship. In the context of the German G20 Presidency, BMZ chairs the GPFI and has been a long-standing supporter of financial inclusion through its international and bilateral cooperation activities.
Global Youth Entrepreneur Award supported by the German Presidency of the G20
Global Inclusion Awards 2017 Jury
Through their richly varied backgrounds, our jury members have years of professional experience as practitioners in the areas of finance, child welfare and/or non-profit development. The members of the jury are:
• Chair: Natascha Beinker is Deputy Head of Division “Cooperation with the private sector/sustainable economic policy” at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). She is German G20 GPFI Troika Co-Chair and Co-Chair for the GPFI SME Finance Sub-group.
Natascha joined BMZ in 2002 and has since then held several responsibilities, including serving as the Head of Development Cooperation at the German embassy in Kenya. Before joining the ministry, she worked for Deutsche Post/ DHL and as business journalist. Natascha studied Economics and Political Science in Germany and Canada.
• Jeroo Billimoria is a CYFI Board representative of the Jury, Jeroo is the founder of Child & Youth Finance International and several other innovative and award-winning NGOs. She is a Skoll awardee, and an Ashoka and Schwab Fellow. Jeroo is a globally respected speaker and advocate of economic empowerment for children, and her social and humanitarian work has reached the lives of millions of children around the world.
• Tatiana Chopova has 20 years of investment, strategy consultancy and finance experience. Tatiana is currently a Managing Director in AlpInvest Partners’ and she is also pursuing a PhD in social psychology. Previously she worked at McKinsey & Company. (Moscow and Brussels) and Credit Suisse First Boston (London).
• Ambassador Moushira Mahmoud Khattab, Ph.D is an Egyptian human rights activist, former politician & diplomat. She is Egypt’s candidate for UNESCO Director General and the country’s former Minister of Family & Population, Former Assistant Minister of Egypt to the Republic of South Africa, the Czech Republic and Slovakia as well serving in Egypt’s diplomatic missions in Australia, Hungary, Austria and the United Nations. She is also a human rights activist advocating the rights of children and women and the former Chair of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child based at the UN Headquarters.
• Flore-Anne Messy is the Head of the Financial Affairs Division of the Directorate for Financial and Enterprise Affairs at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). She is also Executive Secretary of the OECD International Network on Financial Education (INFE). Prior to the OECD she worked at Deloitte and Touche Tomatsu Audit Paris, in the insurance and banking field.
• Lauren Young is the Personal Finance Editor at Thomson Reuters and works closely with both Reuters.com and other Thomson Reuters platforms.
• Gert Jan van der Hoeven is the Founder and Managing Partner of H2 Equity Partners. Gert Jan is Chairman of the Investment Committee and has 25 years of investing experience. Before H2 Gert Jan has worked with McKinsey & Company.
• Shaun Mundy is a consultant who specializes in issues of financial capability and regulation. He has worked with CGAP, the OECD, the World Bank, and many other leading international organizations.
• Dr. Henrik Naujoks is a Director at Bain & Company and a Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Global Exchange for Social Investment.
Previous Awards Ceremonies
From the first CYFI Awards Ceremony in Amsterdam in 2012, our celebration of the work of partners, stakeholders and active youth has evolved to become the Global Inclusion Awards. Read about the Awards ceremonies from 2012 - 2016 below!
2016 - Stockholm, Sweden - Global Inclusion Awards Ceremony / 28 November 2016 | Read the Awards Report here
2015 - London, UK - CYFI Awards Ceremony / 10 December 2015 | Read the Awards Report here
2014 - New York, USA - CYFI Awards Ceremony / 23 May 2014 | Read the Awards Report here
2013 - Istanbul, Turkey - CYFI Awards Ceremony / 9 May 2013 | Read the Awards Report here
2012 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - CYFI Awards Ceremony / 4 April 2012 | Read the Awards Report here