The Global Inclusion Awards 2018
The Global Inclusion Awards 2018, a CYFI initiative, recognize and honor those who achieve greatness in furthering the Economic Citizenship of children and youth at the national, regional and international level. The Awardees demonstrate innovation in financial, social and livelihoods education, financial inclusion, and entrepreneurial support for children and youth.
This year’s Global Inclusion Awards Ceremony is organized by Child & Youth Finance International and the Argentina's G20 Presidency on 3 July 2018. It will be held as part of the GPFI Forum: "Technological Trends in Digital Financial Inclusion" agenda on 3-4 July at the Ritz-Carlton in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Finalists of the Global Inclusion Awards 2018
The Jury has come to the decision on the finalists of the Global Inclusion Awards 2018. See here who are the finalists of this year’s Awards.
For further information on the Global Inclusion Awards 2018, awards categories, criteria and eligibility, please download our Awards Note here.
Award Categories and Applications
The Global Inclusion Awards 2018 consists of the following 6 award categories:
- Economic Citizenship Award
- Outstanding Youth Economic Citizenship Award
- Global Youth Entrepreneur Award
- CYFI Country Award
- Global Money Week Award
- Youth Entrepreneurship Country Pioneer Award
Economic Citizenship Award
Outstanding Youth Economic Citizenship Award
Global Youth Entrepreneur Award
CYFI Country Award
Global Money Week Award
Youth Entrepreneurship Country Pioneers Award
The Global Inclusion Awards 2018 focus on individuals and organizations operating at both the national and global level, that have excelled in the promotion of Economic Citizenship for children and youth. All applications submitted for the Global Inclusion Awards 2018 are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Good standing: Nominees must be of outstanding character and reputation.
- Accountability: Nominees must demonstrate good governance and transparent financial management.
- Creativity: Nominees must demonstrate creative use of resources to deliver innovative and flexible programs.
- Partnership: Nominees must demonstrate that the spirit of effective collaboration and partnership is integrated into their activities.
- Sustainability: Nominees must demonstrate how their work continues to impact young people going forward.
- Track record: Nominees’ initiatives must be embedded in the community.
- Impact: Nominees must demonstrate how needs were addressed and demonstrate that desired outcomes and impact was achieved.
- Outreach: Nominees must demonstrate current and future outreach of initiatives.
Jury of the Global Inclusion Awards 2018
Through their richly varied backgrounds, our jury members have years of professional experience as practitioners in the areas of finance, child welfare and/or non-profit development. The jury members of the Global Inclusion Awards 2018 include:
- The Chair: Prof. Jaap Doek is emeritus professor of Law (Family and Juvenile Law) at the VU University (Vrije Universiteit) in Amsterdam. He is a member (since 2014) and the chairperson (since November 2016) of the Supervisory Board of Child Helpline International (CHI) and a member of the International Supervisory Board of Child and Youth Finance International (CYFI) since 2012. He has been and still is active as an advisor/consultant for, among others, the Special representative on Children and armed Conflict, the regional office of UNICEF for East and Southern Africa, a number of UNICEF country offices and some governments of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Previously, Prof. Doek was a member of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child’ (1999 - 2007) and a chairperson of that Committee (2001-2007).
- Jeroo Billimoria is a CYFI Board representative of the Jury. She is the founder of Child & Youth Finance International and several other innovative and award-winning NGOs. She is a Skoll awardee, and an Ashoka and Schwab Fellow. Also, Jeroo has received a Royal Honor from the King of the Netherlands by being appointed Officer of the Order of Orange-Nassau in 2018. She is a globally respected speaker and advocate of economic empowerment for children, and her social and humanitarian work has reached the lives of millions of children around the world.
- Tatiana Chopova is a private equity/venture capital investor and advisor with 20 years of investment, strategy and finance experience. Previously, Tatiana was a Managing Director at AlpInvest Partners (Carlyle Group). Before that she worked at McKinsey & Company and Credit Suisse First Boston. Ms. Chopova is also pursuing a PhD in Social Psychology.
- Lauren Young is the Personal Finance Editor at Thomson Reuters and works closely with both Reuters.com and other Thomson Reuters platforms.
- Gert Jan van der Hoeven is the Founder and Managing Partner of H2 Equity Partners. Gert Jan is Chairman of the Investment Committee and has 25 years of investing experience. Before H2 Gert Jan has worked with McKinsey & Company
- Shaun Mundy is a consultant who specializes in the development and implementation of national financial education strategies and financial education programmes. He led the development and implementation of the UK's national financial education strategy (which was the first such strategy anywhere in the world). As a consultant, he has worked with the World Bank, GIZ, SBFIC, the OECD and many other leading international organizations and has provided consultancy support to around twenty countries.
- Dr. Henrik Naujoks is a Director at Bain & Company and a Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Global Exchange for Social Investment.
Previous Awards Ceremonies
The 2017 Global Inclusion Awards ceremony was held in Berlin, Germany. Read the 2017 Global Inclusion Awards Report and read about our finalists here:
Meet our winner of 2017
From the first CYFI Awards Ceremony in Amsterdam in 2012, our celebration of the work of partners, stakeholders and active youth has evolved to become the Global Inclusion Awards. Read about our Awards winners and celebrations held in 2012 - 2017 below!